This post is a grab bag of answers to Assorted Acrobat questions that have come up recently. Continue reading “Some Assorted Acrobat X Questions Answered”
This post gives a couple of leads to answer a question that I have encountered on SharePoint and Captivate courses – Is there an LMS for SharePoint? I was aware there was a commercial solution, but not of options where the budget was more limited.
As I have been catching up on my LinkedIn Groups – an excellent resource which I have much neglected while working on exams, business building and my Trainer certification over the last few months – I followed some suggested links and found myself at CodePlex. I will do a separate post about CodePlex.
At Codeplex I found two potentially useful tools
- SharePoint Learning Kit
- SharePoint Web Parts for Moodle Continue reading “SharePoint and E-Learning Integration”
Just got my certificate from Southbank Institute of Technology.
And now something light to celebrate – a short Pixar film showing how to conduct an assessment!
Just passed the 77-886 MOS SharePoint 2010 Exam. Given I have agreed to the non-disclosure clause about six times, I can’t discuss what is in the exam.
What I can say is I found it very useful to prepare for and do this exam. It’s not a server guru type exam – it is aimed at skilled end users, trainers and people who need a good broad knowledge of SharePoint (and need evidence of that knowledge) – eg if you are member of a SharePoint implementation team (or would like to be) or have a role in encouraging adoption in your workplace. The work you do in preparing for this exam will help you obtain that knowledge – it certainly help me fill in many gaps in my knowledge and realise the full scope of SharePoint 2010.
As a trainer doing more and more in this area – it will help establish some credibility.
- I have listed books and resources elsewhere in the blog. Study the topics in the outline provided by Microsoft.
- Read, listen and watch as much as you can
- I also found some good little videos on YouTube by Jessica Meats whose blog is here. The videos are short, well structured and don’t spend 2/3 of the time explaining the video makers other services. Good, clear and to the point. Well done Jess!
- Get as much hands on practice as you can, Explore and Practice!
- Try to prepare for this after a major client has collapsed, throwing your schedule and cash flow into chaos. It can be done, but I am sooo tired.
Thank you for your interest.
Over the next few weeks I will have to put together some quick reference guides for assorted courses.
There is a growing shift way from conventional printed manuals to on-line versions and double sided printed quick reference guides. Driven by cost, and the reasonable suspicion that most manuals wind up as book ends.
I have found some interesting resources while preparing for this that I thought I would share with you. Continue reading “Guides to Quick Reference Guides”
Wasn’t sure what to say about this….
So I’ll find something positive:- about the people who were there Continue reading “ITTS demise”
Now given I have signed the non disclosure agreement for the MOS SharePoint Exam 77-886 (5 times so far due to the exam freezing!), I can’t tell you what is in it. I don’t yet actually know whats in it!.
However, people have asked me about preparation resources for the exam- and I have just found the book below on Safari Books Online. You can also get it for the Kindle via Amazon – see ad below. Continue reading “MOS 2010 Study Guide for Microsoft® SharePoint®”
Thank you to all of those of you who have expressed support and interest my progress on the exam 77-886. On Friday, the testing simulation froze about four times in the first few questions – I am now trying again on next Friday. The testing centre people were very helpful and efficient.
So more news next week
In my second month of using Office 365/SharePoint online, I am impressed (even though I have encountered a few snags here and there. A full report will follow, for the moment, here is a link to an Office 365 E-Book from Microsoft.
Q What Course-ware do you use for Captivate?
I use and recommend the Captivate Manuals form Icon Logic available from Amazon or from the author (who also has a good newsletter)
Q What do I study to prepare for Exam 77-886?
Q What resources are there to help prepare for SharePoint 2010 training of end users?
As the answers overlap this post is a mixture of resources useful:
- when preparing for the SharePoint 2010 End User Exam (which I am doing on 30 September)
- for preparing for SharePoint training within an organisation – (also working on that!) Continue reading “SharePoint 2010 Reference Books, Study and Training Resources”