In Outlook 2003 it is easy to associate an activity (meeting, task or event) with a Contact by using the linking button at the bottom of the meeting or task form.
It is then easy to see a history of activities for that contact. In Office 2007 and Office 2010, this is still possible by right clicking on the contact and choosing Create from the short cut menu. But what if you are in the calendar or task area already?
To bring back the contact linking feature at the bottom of the meeting or task form use the following steps:
In Outlook 2007
- Click Tools Menu, Choose Options
- Click Contact Options (it is a button, half way down on the left)
- In the Contact Options dialog, select Show Contact linking on All Forms
- Click OK umpteen times
For Outlook 2010
- Click File Tab
- On the bottom left, click Options
- In the Contact Options, choose Contacts from the categories on the left
- Look for Linking – Select Show contacts linked to the current item
- Click OK once