I am Steven Knight and my business is computer training.
I train in SharePoint, Acrobat, Captivate and Office for leading training providers around Australia
This year I am following a theme for most of my YouTube channel content.
That theme is forms.
End users are increasing looking for tools to enable them to
- Collect data from internal or external clients efficiently
- Export that data to Excel
- That requires no coding
- And are Low or no cost
I will still have content on other topics with forms being the ongoing theme.
The forms tools I will be exploring will include
- Acrobat forms
- FormsCentral forms
- LiveCycle Designer
From Google, Google Forms
From Microsoft, for the SharePoint users, InfoPath forms (which might include a little SharePoint Designer
And also from Microsoft, I‘ll cover the replacement for InfoPath when that is released
What’s the Plan?
For each of these tools I will explore the following aspects
- Adding fields
- Branding and Formatting
- Data Validation (ensuring you get numbers where you need numbers, for example)
- Controlling navigation (e.g. jump ahead based on a choice, show and hiding content based on earlier selections)
- Distribution and Security
- End User Experience and Accessibility
- Data collection options, Analysis and Exporting (eg to Excel)
- Ability to create forms using no code or as little code as possible.
I am aiming at giving you a frequency of one episode every two weeks.
- Using some new captivate templates, some new (but still economy class) equipment and software
- Also writing scripts to improve my narration
Which one first?
I will be starting with FormsCentral from Adobe.
I have just upgraded by Form Central account, it is available at modest cost and I want to use it my own business, so we will start there.
Your feedback and suggestions are welcome.