I needed to find a theme to explore, so driven by:
- cumbersome experience handling forms from insurance agents, recruiters and clients
- need to make information gathering more efficient in my own business
- looking for a theme to tie together study I have to do in a meaningful way!
- a theme for a series of tutorials to be created using my snazzy new Captivate template, that people will find useful.
I found a direction, so the theme is:
Forms, Data Collection and Processing
Across a range of tools explore the following aspects
- Ability to create forms using no code or as little code as possible.
- Adding fields
- Branding and Formatting
- Data Validation
- Controlling navigation (e.g. jump ahead based on a choice)
- Distribution and Security
- End User Experience
- Data collection options, Analysis and Exporting (eg to Excel)
- Google Forms
- Acrobat Technologies and Forms (Acrobat, FormCentral and LiveCycle Designer)
- Forms in SharePoint (InfoPath and SharePoint Designer – Forms and workflows)
Want to Read Ahead?
You could start with these:
Well that’s the plan…
Look for updates here and on my YouTube channel as I go